Note about ongoing service for all financial assistance programs:
The current situation has affected the program wait times in all areas, including wait times on the phones, claims and application processing. Current phone wait times are longer than usual, and can be as long as one hour. Assisting our patients is of the highest priority. The portals are always open, and you can continue to use your virtual pharmacy card without a delay.
We are diligently working to assist patients as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
This page contains information about the following topics:
- Available Funding
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply
- Online Portal Registration
- Download an Application (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- We Want to Hear How This Program Has Helped You!
- Contact Information
To access this page in Spanish, click here.
The LLS Patient Aid Program provides financial assistance to blood cancer patients. Eligible patients will receive a one-time $100 stipend to help offset expenses. There are no income criteria to qualify for this program.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generosity of our sponsors. Program continuation is dependent on the availability of funds and the program could be modified or discontinued at any time if funding is limited or no longer available.
To be eligible for either program:
- Patients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and reside in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
- Patients must have a confirmed diagnosis of blood cancer, be in active treatment, scheduled to begin treatment or in follow up care, all attested to by the patient or care team member.
- There are no income criteria.
- Patients may be insured or uninsured.
LLS offers patients, caregivers, and medical healthcare providers* several easy ways to apply:
- By Phone: (877) 557-2672
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
- Online Portals: For Patients | For Medical Healthcare Providers
24/7, Available in English only
- Download an Application: Click here
*Medical healthcare providers may include:
Required Information for Application:
- The patient’s Social Security Number and date of birth
- If patient is a minor (under the age of 18), patient AND guardian’s Social Security Numbers and date of birth are required.
- The patient’s blood cancer diagnosis
- Physician’s information (first and last name, and location)
This information will not be shared and is for verification purposes only.
To Create an Online Portal Account:
If this is your first time visiting the LLS Financial Assistance Portal, you will need to register before you can start the online application. To create a portal account you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Medical Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare provider’s email address
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s tax ID*
- Healthcare provider/Facility’s National Provider Identifier (NPI)*
*Healthcare providers without a tax ID or NPI should use that of the primary facility/provider.
Once you submit your portal registration, you'll receive an email (typically within five minutes) directing you to a website to create your password. You can then begin entering your application information.
For portal technical support: Please call us at 866-446-7377 or e-mail FinancialAssistance@lls.org.
We would love to hear how the financial assistance provided by LLS has helped you. Patient stories help us illustrate the impact and importance of this program in the lives of blood cancer patients.
To submit a story by mail, please send to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Financial Assistance Programs
3 International Drive, Suite 200, Rye Brook, NY 10573
Thank you for sharing!
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient Aid Program
P.O. Box 12268
Newport News, VA 23612
Toll Free Phone: (877) 557-2672
Fax: (866) 808-3793
Live Chat is not available for the Patient Aid Program.