The Translational Research Program is no longer accepting Letters of Intent this cycle.
Limited to a maximum of $200,000.00 annually, which includes direct costs and a maximum overhead of $19,982.00 or 11.1 percent of direct costs per year for three years. Budget requests must be carefully justified and commensurate with the project's needs.
Grants are eligible for an additional two years if they include an approved clinical trial and a fully justified research plan. One of the program's principal intents is to permit the acquisition of sufficient data to apply to an appropriate agency or sponsor for sustained support.
2021 Application Timeline
|Letter of Intent Phase Opens||January 19, 2021|
|Letter of Intent Due||March 8, 2021, 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time|
|Full Application Due||April 19, 2021, 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time|
|Panel Review Meetings||May 2021|
|Award Notification||July 2021|
|Signed Contracts Due to LLS||September 1, 2021|
|Award Start Date||October 1, 2021|
Any deadline that falls on a weekend or US holiday will be accepted before 3:00 PM (ET) on the US business day immediately following the above-listed date.
How to Apply
The Translational Research Program (TRP) application will be completed in 2 phases: Letter of Intent and Full Application. Below are step-by-step instructions for applying:
- Download and read the Guidelines & Instructions (linked above).
- Log in to the LLS Research Portal (https://lls.fluxx.io/) and select Translational Research Program. Click "Apply Now" to begin the application process.
- If you need a new account or need to reset your password for an existing account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the instructions on the LLS Research Portal and in the Guidelines & Instructions to complete and submit your Letter of Intent (LOI). You will receive an email notifying you of your LOI approval status.
- Once your LOI is approved, you may begin your Full Application. Return to the LLS Research Portal, select "New or Pending" under Requests on the left panel and follow the instructions on this site and in the Guidelines & Instructions to complete your Full Application. Full Applications require completion of both the web form and the current application template, which should be downloaded from the Project or Supporting Documentation section of the application in the LLS Research Portal. Failure to follow all application instructions may result in administrative triage of your application.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions about the application that are not addressed in the Guidelines & Instructions.
- Submit your Full Application to LLS for review prior to the Full Application deadline. We strongly recommend submitting at least 1 week in advance of the deadline, as site traffic on the day of and days leading up to the deadline will be heavy. No exceptions will be made for any reason for late applications
At any time during the application process, including after submitting your Full Application, you can check the status of your application by logging in to the LLS Research Portal, selecting your application (in either “New or Pending” or “Submitted” under Requests), and referring to the Status in the yellow box at the top of the page.
If you have any technical difficulties with the LLS Research Portal, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need More Information?
Senior Director of Research Administration
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
3 International Drive, Suite 200
Rye Brook, NY 10573